11 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 11 (van in totaal 11)
  • Q:
    Bijdrager
    jeanluca

missing Display (preferences) arrangement tab

Hi All

Today I wanted to watch a movie using my Mac Book Pro, but when connecting the TV my display started flashing. Then I noticed that I only had two tabs in my ‘Display Preferences’: Display and Color

Any suggestions how I can get back the arrangement tab ?

Thnx in advance
    LuCa

Bijdrager
    Pieterr

What kind of cable do you use to connect to your TV?

(And maybe you can answer in Dutch, since this is a Dutch forum:-) )

Poezenbeest

Lijkt me een goed plan in het Nederlands…

Bijdrager
    pinkie

Hoe kleinzielig kun je nou eigenlijk zijn? Nou, heel erg blijkbaar. Bloody hell, you’re a disaster, grow up.

Bijdrager
    Pieterr
    ”pinkie”

Hoe kleinzielig kun je nou eigenlijk zijn? Nou, heel erg blijkbaar. Bloody hell, you’re a disaster, grow up.

Wat is je probleem, Marinus?

Bijdrager
    jeanluca

My Mac has a DVI, which I convert to HDMI

I remember having this tab (and I used to watch movies)

Bijdrager
    Pieterr
    ”jeanluca”

I remember having this tab

You mean the Options tab?

Bijdrager
    jeanluca

I thought it was called the ‘Arrangement’ tab:)
    But yes, thats the one!!

Bijdrager
    Pieterr

I just tried myself. You were right. The tab is called the “Arrangement tab”. It allows you to arrange the relative position of the two displays, and to select the “Mirror Displays” box, optionally. The picture shown above is what you see on the second display, e.g. the TV.

I did notice that I have to switch my TV to the external input (HDMI1) before I get to see this tab. Then the display of my Mac briefly flashes blue, and after that the second display is turned on. Only then the third tab is shown.

Did you try to press the A/V button a couple of times on your TV, to select the HDMI input?

Bijdrager
    jeanluca

Its solved, thnx a lot!!

You mentioned that you only saw one blue flash, while my system kept flashing. So I realized it could be a connection problem.
    The problem was I thought there was no way the DHMI cable could disconnect from my TV, but in fact it was a little bit out of its socket (few millimeters)

Again, thanks for your help!!

Cheers
    LuCa

Bijdrager
    Pieterr

This is actually a known problem area of HDMI connectors. In a forthcoming new interface standard (yes, another one), DisplayPort, this is being addressed by adding a small plastic lip that locks the connector into the socket.

Happy viewing! :lol:

11 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 11 (van in totaal 11)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.