13 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 13 (van in totaal 13)
  • Q:

Bijdrager
    fernando.alonso

disk fragmentatie.. file fragmentatie… repareren..?

I’ve and iMac Graphite (…old, eh?), and would like to know what to do with “Fragmentaties”, which I asume are millions in this intensivelly used machine.
    I understand that if this is not done, unnecesary space of the HD is been used, plus makes the machine a lot slower..?

Can anybody help me at this topics, please. Because honestly, I’ve checked already the “Help-Centrum” but nothing is said about all this…

Thanks, Fernando

Bijdrager
    chm

Welkom!

First we have to know what for system you are running?
    If it is the older OS 9, you will have to buy a program like Norton, there it is possible to do annything to maintain your system! 8)

Bijdrager
    JeePee

Well there are better programs…:wink: TechTool Pro is a more reliable program.

It is important to know the size of your harddisk, because fragmentation can be a real problem on small harddisks. How much free space do you have?

Eh, why is your title in dutch and your message in english? Waarom niet alles in het nederlands?:D

Bijdrager
    Pink Grapefruit

Nederlands is moeilijke taal!!! :lol:

Anyway, if you’re running OSX Jaguar / Panther (help me out on this one, I’m not sure since when this is implemented) there is no need for ‘defragmentation’ because the OS handles this every time a file is opened (and is below 20MB, which isn’t an issue because the smaller files which are fragmented will give relatively the biggest performance hit).

Otherwise use Norton or Techtool to defragment your disk. As far as i know there are no freeware/shareware apps to help you out.

Bijdrager
    JeePee

Only Panther does this. And there are no freeware/shareware programs. There is a way to do it. You can copy every file to another place on your harddisk, this will defragment that file, after that you can delete the old one, but this is no solution for all fragmentation I think…:?

Bijdrager
    Jordan_D

Guys, guys, guys…. what kind of advice are you given this poor man.
    I would let him just buy Diskwarrior 3.1 (latest version).
    It repairs your disk and corect me if i’m wrong also defrag your disk.

Al in one solution runs on Mac OS 9 and OSX even the latest verion (Panther)

As easy as it gets. 8)

Bijdrager
    JeePee

Well let me correct you…:wink: DiskWarrior is a great program, the best repairprogram (my opinion), but it absolutely can not defragment. It makes a new directory and optimizes it, very usefull, but that’s not the same as defragmenting your HD.:D

Bijdrager
    Macclown

Ha, erg grappig. Iedereen z’n best doen in het Engels en de starter van het topic laat niets meer van zich horen…. the bloody motherfucker :P

Bijdrager
    michelvdb

Bijdrager
    Apfel
    ”Macclown”

Ha, erg grappig. Iedereen z’n best doen in het Engels en de starter van het topic laat niets meer van zich horen…. the bloody motherfucker :P

Heb geduld hij bevindt zich ergens in de buurt van de Pleiaden en dat is 380 lichtjaar van hier.

Poezenbeest

SpeedDisk, by Norton Systemworks will help ya out of your mess…

Ik weet alleen niet of dat in jouw sterrenstelsel te krijgen is… Ik zie pook dat meneer geen IP heeft:D

Bijdrager
    JeePee
    ”Zerk”

Is alleen een beetje duur, wanneer je heel SystemWorks daarvoor moet kopen, zeker aangezien de rest van Norton nou niet bepaald geweldig is…:?

Poezenbeest
    ”JeePee”
    ”Zerk”

Is alleen een beetje duur, wanneer je heel SystemWorks daarvoor moet kopen, zeker aangezien de rest van Norton nou niet bepaald geweldig is…:?

Ach… in zijn sterrenstelsel is Kazaa legaal en zow….

13 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 13 (van in totaal 13)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.